October 17, 2014
La • La • LOVES
- Last week I began my “loves” list with a book I was currently reading: Dangerous Girls by Abigail Haas. I’d been searching for another psychological thriller resembling Gillian Flynn’s Gone Girl, and E. Lockhart’s We Were Liars, and could not have chosen a better book to follow those. Dangerous Girls was not only a twisted, bold, and suspenseful mystery centered around a cold-blooded murder, but it was exquisitely written as well! If you’re into these sort of plots and enjoy Young Adult, definitely give this one a read!
- Dr. Hauschka – Rose Day Cream I am in LOVE with this stuff! I’ve recently tossed many of my skincare products containing harsh, dangerous chemicals, and have switched to using products with mainly organic, non-toxic ingredients. My skin has actually been looking better as a result, and this cream in particular is one of my favorites!
This product has a very light, pleasant, rosy smell, and leaves my skin feeling incredibly soft and smooth. I use this only in the mornings, (essential oils at night), and I’ve been loving the benefits of using “rose” on my skin. This day cream can be purchased at the Dermstore HERE for $42.95, or at Amazon HERE for $40.99
You can research the safety of these ingredients by checking out my next “love”…
- EWG Skin Deep Cosmetics Database: I’ve been referring to this database for about a year now, and it offers all ingredients as well as a safety scale for various cosmetics and skincare products. All you have to do is simply type in the name of the product!
Click HERE for EWG site
- THESE Oreo Truffles! Heavenly little Oreo bites that are delicious and very easy to make! All you need is a package of Oreos, melting chocolate, and cream cheese. They can get a little messy while dipping, but the finished product will be well worth it.
Perfect for the holidays!
Find recipe HERE
• • •
- Another round of colds going around this week! Need to stock up on some vitamin C, fast!
- Been having severe writer’s block. I’m currently in the process of writing my first novel: a Young Adult Romance … 7 chapters in and I’m at a total standstill. *Searching for inspiration*
- It sort of bugs me that stores have christmas trees and decorations up already. What about the holidays leading up to December? Time flies as it is…we don’t need our holidays rushed!
- Crickets! They are all over the place, and none of them are ever as cute a Jiminy. Sorry little fellas, but I can’t wait till you all head out…