October 9, 2014
Ever since I saw my lovely blogger friends over at Once Upon a Book Blog post a “Loves and Loathes” list, I’ve been wanting to try one of my own. Now that my blog here is finally established, I figured I’d give it a go! Many thanks to Kristal and Charmaine for the helpful tips along the way. They both run a fantastic book blog, so feel free to click the link above and check them out! : )
La • La • LOVES
- I have to start this list off with a book I’m currently reading and LOVING: Dangerous Girls by Abigail Haas–an edge-of-your seat psychological thriller and exactly the sort of read I was in the in the mood for! If, like me, you’re a fan of the mysterious mind play saturating the pages of Gillian Flynn’s Gone Girl, and E. Lockhart’s We Were Liars, do yourself a solid and check this one out. Although I haven’t yet finished this novel, the intriguing suspense and exquisite writing has this one soaring its way to a spot on my favorites shelf!
- My four year old daughter began Pre-K this fall, and I could not be more proud with the smooth transition she’s made. She was a little bundle of nerves for the first week of school: tears, worries, frowns … it broke my heart to walk away. Fast forward a couple weeks, and she’s running her way through the school doors in excitement; hurrying to see her teacher, friends, and yes, even some little boys. ( Daddy’s not too thrilled about the latter 😉 )
- THIS –> Chanel Soleil Tan De Chanel <– Okay, so retailing at a whopping $48.00, this is not something I’d normally splurge on without a gift card of some sort. So when I received a GC to Bloomingdales last month, I decided to check this out. Basically, this is a bronzing makeup base that can be worn over or under foundation–or alone, I’d assume. I apply it on top of my foundation, more heavily around the contour areas.The product comes in a round, plastic case, and its consistency is as soft as mousse. It applies smoothly, doesn’t cake, and blends like a dream.Best part is: It gives the most natural, subtle, bronzed glow — even suitable for those winter months when skin is a bit paler. LOVE.
• • •
- Since I’d rather keep things more positive, I’m gonna mention only 2 loathes today. First one is BULLYING. This irks me to no end. And the sad part is, while bullying may begin on the playground, it unfortunately doesn’t end there. We, as aults see it everywhere: In the workforce, domestic settings, on the streets, even on the internet. There is no place immune to bullying. However, I do feel prevention is key, and (although this is my loathes-list) I must say I’m thrilled to see the general public/activists taking steps against bullying, raising awareness, and finally recognizing this as the serious issue it has become.
- On a much lighter note: I adore the fall and winter, but loathe cold and flu season! The neurotic in me is out, full-force this time of year–hand washing and sanitizing galore! That said, I now have a cold and sore throat. Go figure Lol.